Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Time just flies...



when you are a Mom. Holy CRAP. I can't believe its been so long since I updated this blog. I will pay more attention to it now. I promise.

So much has happened.

1. As you can see from the pic, my baby girl is doing great. She's 4 months old today, and life just keeps getting better. I have never been so happy in my life as I have in the 4 short months that I have been her Mom.

2. She was diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia shortly before her second month 'birthday'. She wore a Pavlik Harness (an evil contraption that I hated more than she did) for 8 weeks. I am happy to say, her hips are normal and we are weaning her from it now. She had the three main risk factors for it, she was 1. a girl (obviously), 2. breech, and 3. first-born.

3. She sleeps through the night. This is the friggen life, I tell you. She goes to bed at 7 pm and sleeps till 7-8 am. Straight through. She's been doing it for the past month. The three month mark was such a big turning point for us with her sleep. Even then I couldn't complain too bitterly. She was sleeping from 7 pm till 4am. She would wake for a quick bottle and go back to sleep till 8 am. It's hard to remember the days when she would only sleep for 45 minutes at a time.

4. She laughs. Oh, how she laughs. It's the funniest damn thing in the world, and makes me crack up all the time. Sometimes she laughs at this silly lil duck she has, but usually she laughs whenever you swing her. Doesn't matter what direction, or the amount of movement...you move her around, and she will giggle. It's priceless.

5. Her reflux is much better. She still spews with the best of them, but at least its not the acid reflux anymore.

6. She's still fairly foliclly challanged. LOL Sometimes the hair she has looks blonde, sometimes brown, sometimes red...usually a mixture of the three. She's got a case of the baby pattern baldness going on, with the big bald spot on the back of her head. I hope it goes away by the time she enters college.

7. Oh, and I still haven't learned any baby songs. She's gonna get really sick of "You are my sunshine".

8. Finally, she beautiful. And there's not a moment I am looking at her that I am forgetful of just how lucky I am.

There's so much more, but it is late, and my brain is failing me.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey girl! Just killing time and going through blogs I have bookmarked in the past. This might be a good spot for you to get some stuff out there. Pics too. (I know, I'm subtle.) Hope you're doing alright. Email me, stop by my blog, call me or whatever. I'm here.