Saturday, December 15, 2007

Grocery Shopping with a Toddler

I may attempt this again when Em is...umm...8? Then she won't be a toddler anymore and all will be good????? LOL One can hope.

Some examples of the trip: (most of which amused me, except when she was being baby with attitude lol)

"Oj!! Oj!!!" Everytime she saw a box of Mandarin oranges in someone's cart. It's Christmas time, everyone has oranges in their cart.

"Hi yooooou" to everyone she found interesting. She says it like Blue from Blue's room, since she apparently watched that show too much. It's quite adorable, but the kid wouldn't sit on Santa's lap without crying, but will talk to perfect strangers! LOL

Produce section was full of Em saying, "Nana Nana!" (banana's) which she wanted that moment. Of course, I couldn't give her one since you pay by the weight, so she kept trying to grab them in the cart.
Same as above when I bought Mandarin Oranges except of course, she said "Oj"
Same as above when she saw the apples "Abble! Abble!"

The cutest thing was when we were in breads, and another Mom parked her cart beside ours so her baby could say hi to Em. They were adorable together, although Em tried to climb out of our cart to go visit the new friend. lol

I should mention that these carts don't have seatbelts, so I am always wary of having her in them anyhow.

By the dairy aisle, off came her boots.
By the toilet paper aisle, off came her coat.
By the frozen food aisle, off came her socks.
By the bread aisle, attempts to remove her shirt which were blocked by me, much to her dismay.

Even with all this, it was fine till checkout. Then Em freaked out, started crying, wanting to be held (hard to do when you have to bag your own groceries) and generally being a snot. She whipped off most of the clothes that I had redressed her in, and constantly tried to climb out of the cart. I am guessing she was just overstimulated, as once we were out of the store, she was perfectly fine. That, or she devised a plan in her mind to stress Mom out in a hurry!

No comments: