Of being puke-free, that is. 2 years, 3 months, and 19 days to be exact.
Emmy woke up this morning, seemingly normal in spirits. I could tell she had a poopy diaper, so I went to change that. I quickly realized that this was no ordinary diaper change. This was they worst diaper change I have faced. I chose to spray my child down and then bathe her it was so nasty. Emmy started telling me in the bath that her "tummy hurts" (which was the first time she ever indicated that), but I figured she was just hungry as she hadn't eaten breakfast yet.
30 minutes and a yogurt later, she was still telling me that her tummy hurt. I got her some applesauce and some juice and tried to lay down with her, but she was having no part of that. She played pretty normally for the most part.
It became obvious a while later when she had the second nasty diaper that she was having some tummy issues today. A brilliant mom may have picked up on that when her child tells her that her tummy hurts, but I am heavily in the first-time-mom role here. We had an uneventful morning after that, and I finally got her to nap around 2 (late for her).
Not even 15 minutes into her nap, she begun coughing. She was napping on the couch, so I looked over at her and I saw her sit up in her sleep, and then puke all over her hands. She looked at me with this amazed and scared look, having no clue what just happened. She puked twice more, and then I took her upstairs for her second bath of the day.
She seems to be in good spirits, but hasn't slept since. She followed me around as I cleaned up the puke and did laundry. Hopefully that will be the end of it.
For the record, Keith has been at work all day and has missed every exciting adventure. Baby's first puke, I am sure he will be devastated. :-)
2 comments:
i remember my kids first puke session...yes they all look scared and confused as to how and why this is happening....LOL. Hope she feels better soon.
Sounds like Em picked up a flu bug of some kind. I think every Mother has gone through this at least once or twice although 2 baths in one day sounds like a lot!
My biggest problem? I have a queesy stomach which would act up trying to clean up. Figured I'd never make a good Florence Nightingale!! Glad Em is better.
Trudy
Post a Comment