Sunday, August 03, 2008

My little helper bee

Tonight, I was cleaning the living room. As I was cleaning, I was throwing Em's dirty laundry into a laundry basket on the other side of the gate that leads to the kitchen. Em helped by throwing a pair of her pants into the basket.

About an hour later, I was in the kitchen, burning dinner as usual, and Em (who had been playing in the area below the kitchen - soon to be a dining room) came into the kitchen and said, "Wash" and then left the kitchen again. I had no clue what she was talking about, so went back to my task of scorching perogies beyond recognition.

About 1/2 an hour later, dinner was ready, so I called Em and Keith to the kitchen to give them their plates. Em came in from the laundry room. Curious, I go in there to see what she was doing.

She had dragged that full laundry basket from the entryway to the kitchen, down 3 stairs, across the carpeted dining room floor, and into the laundry room without dropping a single piece of clothing on the floor. She had then 'loaded' the washer (which is the dryer, she can't reach the washer) and somewhat closed the door. My 29 month old was trying to do laundry!!

How freaking cute is that???

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm impressed! We're still working on actually picking things up at all.