Keith and I do not say curse words often, and I can count on one hand how many times one has slipped out within Emmy's earshot.
Tonight, Keith and I were chatting about some drivel from my day at work.
Keith says, "Holy shit"
Up pipes Emmy from the corner, in this sweet lil voice, "Hoooooollly Shhhhhiiiittttt, Mom. Holy Shit," in this sweet, sing-songy voice of hers.
I was laughing so hard I almost snorted blueberry muffin out my nose.
And tonight marks the "Swear Jar" so Keith and I are fined if we swear in front of Em again. LOL
2 comments:
Hi Jan
This is so hilarious..I remember going through this with Doug. Never say anything in front of these monkeys you don,t want passed on. A secret about a neighbour becomes front page news as they will let the ''cat out of the bag'' when you least expect it. Like in front of the neighbour! They are like sponges at this age..thanks for my laugh for the day! Talk to you soon. Trudy
It's so hard not to laugh when they are innocently repeating after you! Sometimes during football season I have been known to say "son of a *****!" but I thought I had been good at catching myself in front of Kayla...until one day when I said "son of a!" and stopped because she was there, and she finished the sentence for me! Oops!
Post a Comment