Thursday, November 13, 2008

Snarky Emmy



This morning as we were doing our usual morning hell rush, I was trying to convince Emmy that yes, the banana I gave her was tasty AND edible. (This child does not eat breakfast without a fight). She wanted to watch TV, and I wanted her to eat the banana. I made an offer to her. If she ate some of her banana, she would get to watch TV.
Emmy takes a few unenthusiastic bites of her banana, looks at me and says, "What's that sound, Mommy?"

Confused as there was no sound and the TV was still off, I asked, "What sound, Emmy?"

"Oh, it's the TV, Mommy."
I will state again that the TV was still off. Emmy was calling me on my promise to turn on the TV should she eat her banana. Spoken like a true smart-ass. She comes by it naturally so I guess I better get used to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Jan you have one too. I remember you laughing at Melissa's smart ass comments....now I can laugh at Em's .....LMAO. She sounds like she's her mother's daughter....or she's got some of that Nielsen smart ass in her. No worries I actually have two of them not including your brother.

T- said...

Too funny!

The wutz won't eat breakfast without a knock-down-drag-out fight, either. It's crazy. I guess I don't understand it because I love breakfast.