
So, I can't say that during my pregnancy I studied children's songs to prepare myself for singing to my child. So, I make crap up. It works, and she's too young to notice that I am changing words, or that I am the worst singer in the world.
(Childhood memories abound at my Father singing Little Drummer Boy, and when the par-rum-pa-pa-pum part comes in, he always sang, "Come rub a my bum".)
Mental note: Learn some friggen songs before she turns 1. And don't change words of songs to make them have a sexual meaning! LOL
So, as she was on my lap the other day, I am singing away to her. Since I am the person she sees the most, she's usually pretty happy no matter what I am doing with her (except giving her a bath or changing her diaper!).
As I sang, "I love you, you love me, that's cause I'm the Mom-my", my darling child decided on the last syllable to throw up on me. I won't even call it spit-up because there was so much of it. It was pooling in my bra.
Maybe 5 weeks 6 days is not too early to realize I am a bad singer? LOL
And that is reason # 5129742 that I now know I am a Mom.
1 comment:
Oh thank god I'm not the only one making up songs!!! LOL Thank you for making me feel sane!!! oh and yeeeeees.. spit up happens at the perfect times. Just the other day I was lifting James above my head and wouldn't ya know it..2 hour old formula landing on my mouth, chest, and legs..LOL ew
Post a Comment