Hiiiiiii-yup means "Hurry Up" and its what Em said, LOUDLY, in the drive-through at Tim Horton's yesterday. So loud that the worker actually said, "Did she tell me to hurry up???"
Yep. That's my kid.
Apparently, we need to have 'the talk' about politeness before she even has a full vocabulary.
It was SO FUNNY though, and truly you could not laugh. Which was good because right before that, we had a hellish trip to the drug store.
1. Got the stroller out of the back of the truck (can't wait to get a car, man!)
2. Get Em out of her car seat and *almost* put her in the stroller when I notice...
3. A big-ass spider on the seat. (I am arachnophobic). Holding Em in the air, I kick the stroller to see if the spider will kindly get off my kid's ride to no avail. I almost kick the stroller into traffic so I give up.
4. Put Em back in the truck.
5. Attempt to put the stroller into the truck without flipping it and getting the spider on me.
6. It's not going well.
7. Finally get it in by basically throwing it, then doing the heebie-jeebie dance in case the spider was unaware of my detest of it.
8. Get Em and carry her to the store.
9. Get a cart. Dig a loonie out of my purse for a cart, put my purse in the cart.
10. Put Em in the cart.
11. Grab my purse, miss, and it flips, emptying all over the ground. Change EVERYWHERE.
12. The cart has no seatbelt but tells you not to put a child in it without bucking them in. Thanks.
13. Try to pick up change while keeping curious Em in the cart. Thankfully, a kind passerby helped me.
14. Finally get into the store to buy my freaking razors since they were on freaking sale. So not worth the hassle.
And that's why I needed an iced coffee drink of yumminess.
No comments:
Post a Comment