Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's like someone turned on a light switch

And either Em started getting clearer with her words, or we just started 'getting it'. This past week has been crazy for new words, as I mentioned in my previous post.

On Friday, Keith took Em to his Mom's and she said "G'maw" for the first time. Keith's mom was no doubt happy about the acknowledgement and I was excited.

Although, it stands to reason that my parent's could be brought into this conversation as well. If they even cared one iota about anyone but themselves, they would be able to experience the pure joy that Em brings. But, they aren't interested. I spoke to my Mom over 2 weeks ago, and she said she was going to mail me the following day with an address that her and I could keep in touch through. Funny. I've received nothing. Just another lie to make it seem like she cares. Well, fortunately, Em won't ever have the chance to be hurt by them, because she will never know them. Although that is a choice I'm making, it's their disregard for our family that caused it.

No comments: