There was no trick or treating for Emmy this year, but we did hand out candy until Keith got home from work (gotta work on that candy Karma for when Em does start next year). I felt *slightly* bad motherish for denying her, but I did have valid reasons. 1. She wouldn't be allowed to eat the candy, 2. As I am in a wheelchair, I wouldn't be able to take her up to the door, and I would miss her first trick or treating experience, and 3. I personally don't believe that kids should be trick or treating if they can't SAY IT. Now, if said child has older siblings who would be out anyhow, then that is an exception to my rule. LOL For example, my neighbour brought by her son (3) and daughter (1). The son said trick or treat so it was all good. LOL
Now, I didn't deny Em everything. After Keith came home, we went to Grandma's house where she was in a bad mood (Emmy, not Grandma!) and then to Auntie & Uncle's house where Em started crying 'cause Uncle put on a scary mask. Good times, good times.
Here are some pics from Grandma's house

No comments:
Post a Comment