I spent the day in a seminar about detecting and reporting child abuse. As I tend to be emotional when kids are involved anyhow, I found it so hard to watch the 'examples' of it on the slides. Who could do that to an innocent child? Or in the cases of neglect, who could be so 'busy' or self-aborbed that you aren't watching your own child? I know that there are times when I am trying to get dinner going that I am not 100 % watching Em's every move, but she's in a gated off, childproof area. It took 5-10 minutes to do. It's not hard.
We brought them into this world, and it's our job to take care of them until they are grown. Parenthood should never be taken lightly. A quote I read somewhere, "It's easier to raise them right than fix a broken adult."
No comments:
Post a Comment