Timbits:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Timbits is the brand name of bite-sized doughnut balls sold at the Canadian Tim Hortons restaurant chain. Timbits are sometimes referred to as "doughnut holes", as they are often assumed to be made from the part of a full doughnut that is "cut out" to make a doughnut's hole. Timbits are in fact made from separate balls of dough as many of the menu's doughnuts do not have holes. The treats were introduced in April 1976, shortly after Tim Horton's death in 1974, and are now available in a selection of varieties that differs from store to store. Some of the most popular flavours are chocolate, jelly-filled, honey dip, and apple fritter.
I love Timbits. I am Canadian, therefore Timbits are a part of life. I occasionally, (and I do mean occasionally) let Emmy have one or two as a treat. Take that, those people who say I am too strict with her diet. LOL
This evening, as I made my way home from shopping, I decided to bring a treat home for Keith and Emmy. So I stopped at Timmies, got two Iced Capp's and a 20 pack of Timbits.
Since Emmy is Canadian, she too loves the Timbit. In fact, the child knows the box they come in, even though she may have only seen it a time or two. So, imagine her excitement when she sees Mom with the box of holy goodness in her hand. She goes WILD. I do mean wild. It was like she was possessed, she was talking in her new 'funny voice' a gravelly version of her normally one which sounds slightly demonic. She chased me around wanting access to the box o'goodness. If I hadn't of given her one, I am not sure what would have happened. I might not be here today.
She got 2 in total, and I went to put the box away. She FREAKED. This was the beginning of an hour-long tantrum complete with throwing herself on the floor, and alternatively sucking up to either Keith or I, whomever she thought would give in to her first.
We stood strong, although hard to do when she is so upset, but I did not want to teach her that crying will get her everything.
And this is why there will no longer be any Timbits in this house. Wah.
1 comment:
Hello Jan !
I've missed your writing lately so glad to see some thing new. Got a good laugh about the timbits-still that leaves 18 for you & Keith. If you were in Em's shoes I'm sure you'd feel being little isn't fair ! maybe it's time for her first Math lesson? The 'One for me and one for you approach?' You never know-she could at least see it looks about the same. Hope you had a great Christmas!!!! Love Trudy
Post a Comment