Monday, October 13, 2008

This is the house where puke lives

At 5 am this morning I awoke to the sound of Emmy puking. Keith was downstairs with her, and he answered me that he had it under control.

When I heard her puke again within 15 minutes - I got up and went downstairs. My poor little baby girl kept telling me she was sorry for making a mess on the floor. I hugged her and told her it was okay (after all, Keith was cleaning it up ha ha) Emmy puked at least 10 times this morning - including the crackers and freezie she ate (as I was trying to get fluids into her- although I had good intentions, Keith assures me now it was a bad idea LOL)

She begged at 8 to go upstairs to her room, but as she was still actively puking - we wanted to contain the carnage to just one area. She fell asleep at 9 am and is still sleeping as I write this 3 hours later (as is Keith). Originally I thought she was puking because she was coughing from her cold - but that doesn't seem to be the case with the sheer volume of puking going on.

It's a good thing we own a steam cleaner, I tell you.

4 comments:

Oreste said...

Hello Jann, a salute from Rome, ciao

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving?! We enjoyed our turkey dinner Sun. with fam. & friends next door. Hope Em is feeling better..definitely a bug going around. A good thing Keith doesn't like wood floors...they don't like ''moisture''. Your investment down the drain..those steam cleaners a good thing @ times like this! Hang in there!!
love Aunty

Anonymous said...

HOPEFULLY SHE IS FEELING BETTER BY NOW.ITS FLOATING AROUND THE STATES TOO........... BRANDIE AKA LOSTINSTERILITY

Anonymous said...

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY.......FROM BRANDIE DEVAN AND RAVEN