After my previous post about potty training, I have backed off considerably with Em. Basically, if she asked to go, we would absolutely encourage it - but we left it in her court. Since then, she has peed successfully on the potty after asking several times.
Today Emmy went poop on the potty (which she has been avoiding like the plague) unprompted, and unassisted. She nonchalantly pulled down her pull up, went potty, and (thankfully) yelled to me, "Mommy, I went peepee in the potty!" I went over to inspect and it was full of poop! I then thanked the heavens that she hadn't chosen to sit on anything before yelling to me *gag*
So, it was celebration time in this house today as she absolutely refused to go before...she would wait to poop when her diaper was put on at nap time or bedtime.
Huge step forward for Emmy! Yahooo!
3 comments:
YAYYYYY! Awesome job!
Awesome Jan..maybe all those pull-up commercials helped. Taking the pressure off yourself & Em maybe too. It just seems once they're ready..it's no problem. Keep an eye out for an occasional accident when they don,t give themselves time enough to make it to the bathroom! Good going Em!!
Aunt T
yay for successful potty training!
Post a Comment