Just like that, the eagerly anticipated holiday season comes to a close. It was a good year, with a few resolutions for 2009.
- Lose weight.
- Potty train Emmy (sooner rather than later please!)
- Continue to work hard at work and do the best job I can do.
- Be a good friend, a good partner, and a great Mom.
Potty training is not going well - Em refuses to go on the potty - will hold pee/poop until we put a diaper on her for nap or bed. When awake, we constantly ask her if she wants to use the 'big one' (bathroom) and she has access to the regular potty whenever she is in the living room (most of the time). I just don't know where to go from here. I want to leave it for her to do and be ready for but it seems like we've gone backwards here.
Ugh
3 comments:
Happy New Year!
happy New year! Hope its a good one for you and Keith and Emmy. Potty training is sooo frustrating I know. Don't beat yourself up about it. It will happen, I know it doesn't seem like it but it will.
Happy New Year! I wouldn't worry at all about the potty. I'd leave it alone. She'll do it when she's ready. At this point you just have to back off--maybe even stop talking about it all together. GUARANTEED she will be potty trained soon--we all do it eventually. Ha! :) I think it's important to make sure you don't compare her to her peers--they all do it at their own time, and she's still very young! My niece potty trained overnight when she was 3 1/2 and rarely had an accident afterwards. Sometimes it's better when they potty train later cause they have less accidents that way.
Post a Comment