Sunday, August 16, 2009

2009 PGX

This afternoon, we took Emmy to this years Prince George Exhibition. To say she had fun would be an understatement. Such a difference from last year. A. She is a year older and just that much more aware, B. it was a gorgeous day, unlike last year.

We had some fair food for lunch and then Emmy went on two rides. It was the first year she got to try the rides and makes me wish we had a bigger fair where she could have tried more.

We toured the animal barns, but Emmy just wanted to get back to the "Fishy ride", so it was toured quickly. Emmy got another ride on the fishies and even won herself a stuffed duck at the duck game. Daddy won her a mini guitar at another game.

I have to admit, I have fond memories of my Dad at the PNE when I was young. My room was always filled with HUGE stuffed animals won from the games. My dad was a wizard at the baseball into the basket game, although now I think, "what didn't I know at that time?" since I tend to be jaded about my youth now. Ahh, that's a whole other post...lol

Bottom line, Emmy had lots of fun, we spent lots of money without much to show for it and she had more sugar than she's ever been allowed before. Sounds like a great family day to me.

Here are some pictures and video...
Emmy on the fishy ride




And Again...




And yet again...





on the fire truck on the car ride



with her goodies from the fair

NOTE: The only kid screaming (even in joy)is Emmy lol


3 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

i am happy you had a goodtime there. and that was a swell guitar!!!
i too felt joy just seeing the faces of my kids light up when i brought them to a fair. it's like disneyland to them, hahaha.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Not a happy looking fishy but Em having fun!! Great you all had a good time..your dad would win the biggest stuffed toys at the PNE. Got one for Doug years ago. Have you heard from them? Went to my first High school reunion a month ago in Delta. A picture in the yearbook on our table with your Mom. Neat meeting people I caught the school bus with so many years ago. Loved the pictures & video of Em..hope your all doing OK..take care Love aunt trudy

Jann said...

It is a scary looking fish! LOL I have heard absolutely nothing from them. I just don't get them...they have 4 grandkids and they refuse to be in contact. Sad really.