Em wakes up from her nap at 1:30. I make her some lunch. As I pop a piece of bread in the toaster, I hear the "pop" noise that tells me she is fiddling with the gate. Sure enough, she is halfway up the stairs when I get there.
She, instead of eating the wonderous foods I have provided, chooses to spread them, paint-like, all along the wall beside her highchair and throw her toast on the floor (landing jam side down of course.
She has a diaper explosion, causing me to give her a much-needed but unscheduled bath.
After her bath, I make some tomato soup for myself for lunch, and sit down to eat it as she plays. She toddles over to my food and wants to try it. I limit tomato foods as they tend to make her rashy, but get her a spoon to share the soup. We will often eat off the same plate as my food tastes better than hers, even if its the same thing! lol
She grabs the bowl and the entire thing dumps all over her AND the carpet. She starts crying, I freak out thinking she might be burned (since she was crying) and quickly try to assess whether she is or not (she wasn't, but sure did resemble a horror movie with all that tomato soup all over her).
Second unscheduled bath of the day.
I put her in the playpen after her bath so I can deal with the carpet mess. I get the steam cleaner out, which causes Em to cry and scream the entire time as she hates the vaccuum and the steam cleaner.
20 minutes of Em screaming later, and the carpet is clean.
I just sit down and Keith calls. I ask him to bring me home a Coke and he says, "Can't you go out when I get home and get one? I've had a bad day."
I'm sure you have. Ass.
After I wrote this bitch-session, Em smeared her afternoon snack all over my newly cleaned carpet. And all over herself. There was sticky Nutrigrain bits in her DIAPER (I didn't put clothes on her after bath #2). I would put her in the bath again but I'm just past caring any longer. The ants, there gonna come searching for my kid. LOL
I love my daughter, I love my daughter, I love my daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment