Monday, June 18, 2007

Why do we get dressed up for the OBGYN?

Really, outside of the whole 'socially unacceptable' thing, why not just show up naked? You know you are going to end up that way. (My apologies for any visuals I just caused).

Today is the day for my OBGYN appointment to find out Maddie's genetic results. I have no reason to suspect that I will have to be naked for this appointment since all he has to do is read a piece of paper to me. However, I have yet to see this doctor without being 1/2 naked.

Ahh, but I am prepared this time. No surprising me with the unprepared-for-PAP exam. I shaved my legs last night in anticipation. However, today Mother Nature decided to bless me with my period, so the leg shaving was for naught. My last cycle was 33 days, this one is 26, so who knows when my next one will hit. lol

This unexpected period should make an emotional appointment just that much easier. Nothing like talking about the baby you lost when you are in the throws of PMS hell.

At least I'm wearing a pretty blouse. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I queried my OB/GYN with a related question. He would interview me, and then he was always was kind enough to let me get my clothes off and don the see-through hospital gown (which took all of 3 seconds) while he left the room. I had to ask him, "What's the point? All dignity will be lost anyway in a minute while you are grappling in my nether regions." I believe he did find this amusing. Really, what is the point? I shave and shower as well before these appointments. I guess we don't want to be the smelly patients. I also have a measure of feeling sorry for these doctors, and my shaving and showering is my act of sympathy.

Jann said...

HAHAHA karen...SO TRUE!