I took Emmy to the waterspray park today. It's about the size of a corner store, with various water spraying and dumping things. It was busy. It's the hottest day of the year, so that shouldn't have surprised me.
I took Em, by the hand, just around the outskirts of the park to get her accustomed to the noise and the water. She was having fun, splashing in the puddles on the concrete. When a light-spray area quieted down, I picked her up and took her over to it.
She squealed as her hands played with the spray. She giggled as she felt the light spray on her face.
I put her down to see if she would walk through the spray. She did, squealing the whole time.
This would be the point that the two little shits decided to come up behind Emmy, and before I could even say anything, dumped a 2 L bottle of water over her head. Little Shit #2 actually used his super soaker on my 16 month old daughter who was trying to regain vision from the dousing she just took. She started to cry from it all.
I quickly grabbed Em and chastized the boys for picking on a TODDLER. I said that they need to find a willing playmate and not just surprise attack babies. Little shit #1 actually had the nerve to 'whatever' me. These boys were about 5 by my guess.
I turn around and come face-to-face with redneck jerk, who happens to be one of the little shits father. He lambasted me for chastizing his son. I replied, "If you would actually parent your child, I wouldn't have to." I explained what happened and he muttered something about 'expecting to get wet at a waterpark'. Well DUHHH, thanks for the update redneck jerk. My child was having FUN in the water before the two shits started bullying her. Redneck jerk told me to "Fuck off, Cunt" in front of, and within earshot of at least 20 children. Nice.
It took every ounce of reserve to just walk away. We went shopping and Em now has a pool of her own to play in to keep cool so Mommy doesn't have to go to the waterpark anytime soon.
Fun!
3 comments:
wow! he does sound like a jerk! You had every right to say something to those kids! They were way too old to be pouring water on her head - especially someone much smaller that they didn't even know!
Wow...I am horrified! Good for you for standing up for Em...what a jerk!
(oops, "crazyme" is me...Lisa. lol)
Post a Comment