Saturday, October 13, 2007

She's got the upper hand today!


Now, I will preface this with the fact that I love my darling girl more than anything. However, today, I was seriously considering shipping her off to someone.

Em is still in daycare during the week while I heal. As I will be returning to work soon, we felt it was better not to disrupt her routine. As well, since I am operating with a broken leg, I'm not much fun for her these days. So, she goes off and plays with her friends and I sit at home and moan my state of affairs (the broken leg and an absessed tooth this week).

Today, however, is Saturday, which means Em is at home with me all day. Alone. Keith is at work. Normally, its a bit difficult to take care of her, but not impossible. Then today happened.

Before 10 am, Em had
  • Put her dirty sock in my glass of iced tea
  • Had 2 poopy diapers that she fussed and moved like a snake through
  • Knocked over the aforementioned iced tea
  • Acted like we gave her copious amounts of sugar (we didn't)
  • Would not listen to the simplest command that I KNOW she understands
  • Took the cordless phone and hid it in the living room (I know she didn't purposely hide it rather just dropped it when her 20 second attention span ran out).

This is all before 10 AM! I discovered the phone was missing when Keith called to check in. Boy was that fun to find. I knew I had to find it as he worries when I don't answer. (You know, since I fall all the time, break bones, etc LOL) So I knew I had to find it before he started worrying too much! She didn't go to sleep until nearly 3 pm (normally noon) so I can officially say that she's had a day. However, she will probably sleep till when Keith gets home, so the whole 'sole responsibility thing has been lifted from my shoulders. Then he can return my wheelchair to me (she wheeled it across the room) and my walker (she moved it from my reach). lol However, I just need to look at her smiling face and I'm done. I wonder if I can claim abuse? My toddler is abusing me LOL

On another note, we FINALLY sold our Jeep today. The credit card company will be happy with that payment! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the day! Hope you're healing up fast. I'm off to surgery today. Lovely. I imagine I should get on the board, but I've been operating with about a 20 second attention span myself the last few days. Looking forward to having all this behind me. (HA! I said BEHIND! LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Hey! That was me!