My child is part monkey, I swear.
At a year she could climb out of her crib on the lowest setting, and she couldn't even walk yet!
She climbs everything, from her highchair to the couch where she takes great glee in crawling along the back of it. We don't tend to mind the highchair climbing as it is quite nice just to ask her to get in her highchair, and she does. However, she is responsible for a few of the grey hairs I 'Nice and Easy' away every 4-6 weeks.
This morning, as I was sleeping, quite contentedly I might add, Monkey girl managed to climb out of her playpen and come running into my room. One moment, I was in blissful dreamland, and the next, there was a toddler pinching my toes and saying 'Wakey Wakey, Mommy!' as she ran out of the room giggling.
At first I thought Keith must have let her out, but as I could hear him snoring away downstairs, I realized that she had once again shown off her skills at climbing.
3 comments:
Hey Jan,
The same thing happened to me this morning - but not with a child. All grown up & you think you can finally enjoy those sleep ins & dreams. Then your cat does the same thing! No wakey wakey but one loud squawk after another. Until you get up & fill up his dish or let him check out what's going on in the neighbourhood! (When in reality you feel like throwing something at him) Morning coffee is 2nd on the list of priorities. Dumb cat!
Are we having fun yet?? Trudy
she sounds too much like her older cousin....LOL. melissa would climb everything, i did nickname her my little monkey...
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment