Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

Yesterday, October 23, marked my 36th birthday. It was a nice day at work, no bad phone calls,(always a plus) lots of"Happy Birthday's" from my coworkers and my Facebook wall was covered. Made a girl feel special. After picking up Emmy and waiting for Keith to get home, we went for dinner at Boston Pizza where Em was very well behaved. We had a lovely dinner, and then spent 30 minutes in the washroom as Emmy was fascinated with the automatic foamy hand soap dispenser. Poor Keith was probably thinking we had deserted him as his daughter was ensuring her hands were the cleanest in the world :).

We came home and Keith took Emmy into the kitchen where obviously he was trying to get her to do something as she was talking in her faux whisper..aka a loud whisper you can hear across the room but is super-cute as she is actually trying to be quiet.

Here is what she brought me:



I had to scan it because it is completely captures a 3 year old's artwork...or perhaps just my 3 year old's typical artwork, but I think it's just perfect. It's a moment in time.

After that, Keith surprised me with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, which Emmy was EXTREMELY excited about. I am guessing we will be eating cake for a while as there is only the three of us. LOL

So, overall I am a year older, grateful for the time to spend with my loved ones, friends and maybe to have made the difference to a client or two.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry I'm a few days late, but happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a wonderful way to celebrate - and gotta love that artwork! That card is a keeper for sure :)

Angela said...

Hey girl! Just had to tell you Em was such a cute princess at halloween, and that card! That's actually really advanced artwork for a 3.5 year old! I did a whole Art for Elementary Teachers class in college, and the head with eyes, nose, and mouth and legs and arms with hands and feet, and hair for goodness sake. I'm really impressed! You've got a budding artist there!