Monday, June 18, 2007

Things I Learned this Afternoon...

Things I learned this afternoon:

Madison was given an autopsy even though I expressly said I did not want one done. I only authorized genetic testing as I could not fathom thinking of them cutting my little baby up.

Madison did not have Down Syndrome despite the elevated risk on my triple screen (normal risk would have been 1 in 200 for my age, hers came back 1 in 62)

She did have 'multifactorial congenital heart failure' which would have caused her demise had my water not broken. The two problems with her heart were not compatible with life, and by all guesses, she would not have made it to term to have a chance for a transplant anyhow. We would not have known this if they didn't do an autopsy, so I guess I'll forgive the buggers for not listening to me. Wait, you bastards didn't listen to me! Jerks! It's okay, I forgive you. LOL

There was nothing I could have done to cause the heart issue, and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.

There is a slight risk of having the same heart issue happen again, but it is low.

As far as TTC'ing again...the OB is more open to the idea. He said if we want to, that I should go in a few month's before to get my blood pressure meds changed to pregnancy-happy ones, and to get started on folic acid. He also said that if I want him to tie my tubes, he will do that with no questions asked. It is completely up to me.

So now, we just decide what we want to do. That's the hard part.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Well that sucks that they didn't listen to you, but I'm glad you know now what happened. It still is terrible to have lost Maddie though, and I'm so sorry. No matter what you and Keith decide I'll be available to listen and provide whatever support I can. Although selfishly I do hope that you and I someday will be pg again together. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

You and your daughter are still on my mind. I'm glad you have answers and the TTC green light.

Anna said...

I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm glad you have some answers. I hope things start to get brighter soon.

SimplyBillie said...

((HUGS)) I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what your going through. Much blessings!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I know that must have been hard to know that they did an autopsy but I think that I would have wanted to know what happened. For some reason, I think it would have set my mind at ease. Did it do any of that for you?
I'm so sad for you for what you've gone through.

Jann said...

It does help knowing. There is some relief there, so I can't be mad at them for doing the autopsy. It's just disturbing to think about! lol

.

Anonymous said...

Huge hugs, Jan. I'm sorry they did an autopsy on Madison without your consent, but am glad that you were able to find out.