Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Woof Woof"

said Em today to the dog she could not see, but could hear. Yahoo! We have an animal sound, could I get back that 18 month old questionairre I had to fill out yesterday, 'cause I need to check that off.

However, I missed this milestone, as I was at work. I've failed as a Mom again. Sheesh. At least Keith heard it.

Speaking of the 'questionairre', this was a 10 page quiz on whether your kid is hopelessly behind or not that we had to fill out at Em's 18 month shots appointment yesterday. I seem to remember ticking more "yes, she does this" than "no, my kid doesn't even attempt this" so that's gotta mean something. They also let me take her home, so that must mean I haven't messed her up developmentally so far. LOL

What Em doesn't do that she 'should be' (according to the experts:
She should be able to name a body part. I've gotten her to point to her belly button once when I asked her too. Personally, I think it was fluke and she just happened to see her belly button and said, "ooooooh what's that????". We work on this everyday, but the best I can get are giggles.

She should have 8 words outside of "Mom" and "Dad". She has more than that, but she doesn't use all of them consistently and I still have trouble understanding 60% of what she says. She has at least 2-2 word phrases as well ("What's that?" and "Whose there?" The nurse didn't seem concerned, however she also gave Em both her shots in the arm rather than one in the arm and one in the leg like she was supposed to, so I'm not sure I trust her opinion.

Pretty much everything else she did...that's all that stood out to me. So, we'll continue naming body parts and one day she will say, "Dude! That's my belly button!" and I can lay off of the body part naming and get started on Algebra.

The shots went as well as could be expected. Em bellowed, Mom teared up and Dad looked like he was gonna cry (it was his first shot appointment, his verdict was "That's just not right!") However, no more shots till she's 5. Yahoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, sorry to laugh, but poor Keith!

Em's doing fabulous, and you know you're an awesome momma! Heck, I know I'm missing tons of stuff while at work, but still someone's got to bring home the dough to feed the kid right? ;)

Now if Em can just make it a month or so without getting a rash from the shots we'll have to really celebrate! You can do it Em!