Em has said this phrase to me the last two mornings when leaving for daycare. Now, I say it to her every morning, and we wave frantically to each other (it's quite funny to watch) before her and Keith leave. However, the addition of that one phrase from Em has made my week. Do I think she knows what she is saying? Nahh, I think she's just repeating since I've said it to her everyday for the past 20 months, but for some reason, it just doesn't matter. It makes me happy just the same. :-)
For the record (for anyone who is still counting) Emmy has STILL not slept through the night since I hurt myself. She wakes up around 3 in a panic and won't calm down till she is sleeping with one of us (usually me). At least she will go back to sleep once she's with us, so it could be worse.
1 comment:
Hi Jan
Whether or not she knows what she's saying - you have taught your daughter a lovely way to start off the day! And you were so worried about leaving her in daycare weeks ago - now it sounds like she's well adjusted to it.
Have you thought about just calming her & then a favorite toy or teddy in her crib? Just a suggestion to see if it helps. Trudy
Post a Comment