I've managed to not hurt it so far, and am actually much happier without the cast. I was able to soak in the tub last night for the first time in 3+ weeks. If the darn water hadn't of gotten cold, I would still be in there. It seemed to be slightly less work for Keith as well, which is nice. Previously, he had to help me to the downstairs shower, put towels down, help me into the chair that is in the shower, then clean up after me. I pretty much did everything for my bath.
3 1/2 more weeks till I see the Orthopedic surgeon again and I start putting weight on it.
For those not-faint-of-heart, here are some pics of the cast-less ankle.


2 comments:
So glad your ankle is healing so well & that the cast came off! The scar & bruising still look painful but in no time that will fade away. If not completely you can always get a long stemmed rose for a tattoo on there ! Nothing better than an old fashioned bubble bath to soothe the body & soul!!!!! Trudy
Wow! Colorful stuff! I didn't realize they cut you open on both sides. Holy crap! Glad you can at least enjoy a bath, that's gotta be nice. Although I imagine getting in and out might be a heck of a production. Hey, for me it's a production even when I'm not pg or recovering from butt surgery. ;)
Post a Comment