Monday, January 21, 2008

New Words!!!

Whenever I seem to think Emmy isn't talking as much as she should be, she certainly goes out of her way to prove me wrong. New Emmy words and phrases (some on the video's I have shared): I have spelled then as she says them, so no mocking the spelling! LOL
Oj Juice (orange juice)
No (not new but VERY prevalent in Em's vocab these days! LOL
Mommies (sadly, this refers to both Keith and I, I think we goofed her up when I was immobile!
mys (mine)
Da-Dow (Dora and/or Diego - she refers to both by this name, kind of like the Mommies LOL.
Na-Night (Night Night) and she gives me a wave as she heads up the stairs to bed.
Feeshies (Fishies)
Ahhhh Man! (whenever she drops something...I say this all the time. lol)
Mys Mommies awwwwwww
I miss you (Can you break my heart a bit more Emmy??? LOL)

We still can't understand a lot of what she says, but we are slowly being assimilated into 'Emmy-ese".

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Jan! She's just so precious! And her I miss you is just so sweet. Isn't this mommy gig amazing? We're so lucky!

And I remember all too well the brace, the mean old therapist, and look at Emmy! She's just perfect! Amazing and Wonderful.

Miss talking with you all on AHJ, but I've been swamped at work. Hopefully it'll slow down soon and I'll be able to get back on at lunch time or something!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan
you already have a great communication going on with your daughter. You both understand each other very well! Her way of saying Orange Juice- you as a Mom " get the drift". Who cares if the spelling is out of whack-you understand each other & that's a big deal!! You love her & she loves you-accepting each other "as is" - no matter what. That's awesome!!! Love to you both Trudy