Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sour Grapes

When grocery shopping, I often see people 'taste-testing the produce. This annoys me as technically, it is stealing. They aren't paying for the grapes they are popping in their mouths.

However, maybe these people are just smarter at the world of fruit picking than I am. I bought grapes, without sneaking any, for a whopping $8. Price of fruit sucks in the winter here. I brought them home and they are absolutely inedible. They are sour, face-puckering so. Even Emmy, who LOVES grapes, took one, chewed it twice, and promptly took it out of her mouth and gave it back to me.

I bet the taste testers don't end up with 2 lbs of sour grapes! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
This really sucks! I would take them back & ask the Mgr. if they got the ice wine grapes mixed up with eating ones?? Let me know & I'll see about mailing you some on @ 1.99 a lb down here! Poor Em-nice she gave it back instead of spitting it out! love to you both.........Trudy

Anonymous said...

Well written article.