Sunday, October 28, 2007

Neither here nor there...

I completed my first week of work, and I LOVED it. I wasn't prepared for how much I would miss Emmy though, which is funny since we hadn't spent the weekdays together for a while. Still missed her like crazy! I would hear a toddler in our waiting room, and my thoughts would instantly go to her.

Speaking of Miss Emmy, she is continuing to grasp new words. Today was "nana" as I got a banana for her. Pretty simple stuff, but I love when she surprises me!

Finally, (this is a short entry as Desperate Housewives is coming on!) it is my Mom's birthday today. All day I have thought of her, and I do hope she doing okay where she is. At the very least, I know she is being taken care of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan
Glad your enjoying your new job and Em looks adorable in her outfit. Thanks for the email - I had no idea ! Have been upset all day just thinking & wondering how my sister is coping throughout all this. It makes me sad at the mess they've made of their lives. Maybe finally they'll learn / and smarten up - and realize you can't play with fire & not get burned. Still - this is tough - for me to hear & you as well. Talk to you soon - my computer is giving me a bad time with possible virus & whatever. I only seem to fix it temporarily so I should talk to someone in a shop. Glad a few things are going right for you!!
Love Trudy

Angela said...

Congratulations on loving your job! It's so great to have a job you enjoy!

& hugs for you on your mom's bday.