Monday, March 06, 2006

Happy Two Week Birthday, Emmy!



My baby is two weeks old today!

I can't believe how fast the last week has gone. I just want to freeze-frame her so she doesn't change too fast! (Well, I could handle if she stayed this small AND learned to sleep through the night!)

Keith has been amazing. He has never been around babies before, and he is an absolute pro! Twice now, he has let me sleep through the whole night, yet he hasn't been able to yet. I don't know what I would do without him!

There are so many things that make me melt when I look at her...

When she falls asleep feeding...she fights it for a few moments, and then just gives in to slumber. There is NOTHING more beautiful in this world than a sleeping newborn in your arms.

Her little fingers and little toes...

Her little pointed ears (they are getting less Spock-like by the day).

Her facial expressions that change constantly. She has this new one that looks like she is saying "Who" with her lips pursed. It's so cute!

Whenever Keith sings to her, kisses her, and holds her. It's so beautiful watching him with his daughter. I gotta get him a better song selection though, he was singing the "Spiderman" theme song to her the other day. LOL


Things that make me giggle...

When she bonks her hand on the bassinette and cries for a brief moment. You hear this "Thunk" and then she cries for a brief moment. I really have to pad the sides of the bassinette! She does this 3-4 times a day! LOL

When she is rooting and looking for food, no matter who's holding her at the time. It's especially funny when she's trying to find Keith's breast! LOL She's a wild kid when she's hungry! She will headbutt you - so you have to watch out! I have been nailed a few times now.



Our lives have changed so much in the last two weeks. I wouldn't change a moment of it. The amnesia they say occurs about the pains of pregnancy, and childbirth is true. I know I had a rough time at the end of my pregnancy, and I absolutely had a horrible C-Section, but I would do it all over again. It almost saddens me to think that I won't be having another child.

She's only two weeks old and I want to do it all over again. Scary!

Have to run, she just bonked her hand on the bassinette! LOL

No comments: