Sunday, March 19, 2006

Something's Wrong - I'm Bored.

Emmy is sleeping soundly in the best $200 investment I ever made (the Fisher Price swing). Keith is sleeping on the Lazy-Boy chair. The dishes are washing, the laundry is done, and I watched Grey's Anatomy already. There is water for formula that is cooling, and the bottles are washed. I even had a 4 hour nap this afternoon so I am not tired at all.

It's official. I'm bored.

Is it bad to wish Emmy would wake up so I would have something to do?

I wonder how pissed off Keith would be if I woke him up because I am lonely? LOL

In other news...I think I finally realized I am a Mom today...

How I know I am a Mom:
1. My thoughts are consumed by my daughter. What she is eating, how much is she eating, is she wetting herself enough? Is she pooping enough? I actually asked Keith if he had a poopy diaper on his turn at diaper changes just because I hadn't had one (which reminds me, I have to change a really bad gross diaper here or at least pretend its really gross...he's had two bad diapers, and I have just gotten the wet ones LOL).

2. My conversations with my not-with-kid friends still revolve around Emmy. I have to stop this and remember what we used to talk about before I got pregnant! Otherwise, I can see my friendships heading south.

3. My shirts have white marks on the shoulders from burping Emmy.

4. Planning my day no longer entails what time I am leaving for work, and whether I have time to stop at Timmy's for an ice capp on the way. Now, I plan my day around when Emmy is awake, and it involves all the things I suck at. Washing dishes, bottles, making formula, laundry, the housewife stuff (okay, okay, and some Judge Judy at 3 pm - it's my guilty pleasure LOL). I have never had time go by so fast, nor feel like I can't get anything accomplished as I have lately. Some days I have all these great plans on things I will get done today, and the next thing I know, Keith is walking in the door, home from work. I do suck at being a housewife...but I am giving it an honest effort.

5. I have never felt like I have worked so hard without getting paid for it. Being a Mom is tough work, and she can't even talk back to me yet. The first month has been the month of the "adjusting", and I think we are finally getting the hang of it (without too many mistakes I hope!)

6. I have now written about "poopy diapers" in my blog. Add that to the reflux throwing up I posted a little while ago, and I think that qualifies me as a Mom now. Next up, the exciting article on the colour of Emmy's poop. I know you can't wait. LOL

7. Keith and I, well, we pretty much just revolve around Emmy. I know its bad, we need to focus on him and I occasionally. I was hoping to do that tonight (hee hee), however, he is snoring on the LazyBoy! LOL

I am sure I will think of some more...but I will need things for my next posting! LOL

No comments: