Saturday, March 04, 2006

I feel like the luckiest woman in the world...


Since Emmy has come home, life has been completely altered from my previous existence. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had some breastmilk issues, and Emmy had some weight gaining issues, so we began to supplement with formula. Good news, Emmy is back up to her birth weight, and sleeps for 2 hour stretches at a time! Wooohooo!

The lack of sleep that everyone warns you about is about 100 times worse than they say. But, when you look into your child's eyes as they are feeding, no matter how sleepy you are, it is absolutely, utterly worth every moment.

I love spending my days with her. I have only been out once without her since bringing her home, and I missed her the entire time I was gone. (And I bought a bunch of stuff for her! LOL) The other night, she was happily laying underneath her activity mat, and I had to pick her up for some "Emmy snuggles".

She makes me laugh with her "grunts", her whines that sound like a car with a bad fan belt, her funny facial expressions and when she smacks her hand against the side of the bassinette and it makes her cry momentarily. I know its bad to laugh at that, but she keeps doing it!! I think I need to pad the sides of it!

I never thought I could love something so much, so entirely, so consumingly. She is part of me. I don't know how I deserved to be blessed this much, but I thank God for giving me this miracle.

No comments: