It's probably hard to read on here, but it is a handmade plaque for Maddie. My friend Lisa, a woman I met on my baby board almost 2 years ago made it in memory of Maddie and sent it to me. It arrived this morning and opening it brought the tears a-flowing.
I don't think I've ever been so touched that someone would do something like this for me. Most people in my life have already glossed over Maddie's passing - never mentioning it. Even Keith, on Sunday, when I was a bit down, had to ask why. He soon remembered when I gave him 'the look' and apologized. Sometimes, I feel like I am so alone in my grief, that no one remembers Maddie but me. Lisa proved to me that Maddie exists in other's minds and hearts as well. For that, I am thankful.
4 comments:
What a wonderful and sweet gift. My cousin and his wife lost their little girl Bailey 3 years ago to preeclampsia and people don't understand why they are still grieving. It amazes me that people wouldn't understand. Your grief is still so new and raw. My thoughts and prayers are with you. {{{HUGS}}} to you.
Hey Jan, that is soooo sweet, I apologize that I also forgot momentarily on sunday, ttysoon. Love ya
your somewhat ditzy, sisterinlaw
I'm sure it feels like you're alone in this but what everyone else doesn't understand is that to a mother, her children are always on her mind. They are our first priority. Noone else will grieve as fiercely as you are. They are still grieving but not like Madison's mama.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
How wonderful when someone else remembers.
Take the time to grieve, and talk about your baby, whether it makes those around you uncomfortable or not. She is YOUR BABY and nothing is going to change that.
I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment