One of my online friends was induced yesterday. We haven't heard an update yet, and I find myself consumed with thoughts of her.
You see, the day after Em was born, in Feb 2006, G. lost her son, in utereo. She was 37 weeks pregnant. The same gestation period I was, the day before, when I delivered my daughter.
I remember coming back home after being discharged and typing up a post to let everyone know how we made out and what sex Em was (since it was a surprise). I never checked the board before posting. I was tired, I had only a few moments of computer time before I needed to get my house organized for the baby who had infiltrated it. Had I seen her post...I certainly would have not been so gleeful in my own posting. I left the board in a state of excitement, and returned to find it in a state of mourning.
I was horrified, sad and at a loss for their loss. I couldn't understand how this was fair. They were really good people. They had faith. They inspire people around them to believe. It hit me hard - why did I deserve to be blessed with Emerson, and they had to face burying their firstborn. It wasn't fair. They are far better people than I am.
Even through their heartbreak, their faith never wavered. I faced loss, and as ashamed as I am to write this, I was mad at God. I didn't let it consume me, but yes, there was some anger there. Yet, the loss of their son just seemed to bring them closer to God. I told you they were better than me! lol
They conceived again, and are expecting a little girl. So, if you read this - could you send a little prayer their way?
ETA: She is here safe and sound!!!!!! Woooohooooo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment