Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Little Mommy Talk #5

Question # 5: Baby Names on your list...What name did you chose, and why?

With Emerson - I had her name picked out from the first trimester. Keith and I spent the day waiting for my C-section trying to pick out boys names just in case. We never came to a decision on a boys name, so it's a good thing Emmy was a girl! LOL

Why Emerson? It's unique for a girl, but not goofy-unique. I loved Ralph Waldo Emerson's writings in college, and I always thought that the name Emerson, would be cool for a first name. Faith was chosen because we had such a long TTC road of over 3 years to be blessed with her. Faith was needed in those times. Faith that we would become parents, faith in ourselves, in our Lord, in our friends and family. It's a beautiful word, faith.

With Maddie, we chose a generic name the first day of my induction. It was a unisex name, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. However, when I held Maddie after her birth, her name Madison Kate, just came to me. Madison has no real meaning behind it, however, Kate was after my best friend.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I like the name Emerson - very different. It took us 2 1/2 years to conceive Kayla and 3 IVF's - her middle name is Hope for the same reasons.

Mine is up.

Eden said...

Emerson is a cool first name. I like Maddie, as well. Have a great week, Jann.

Mine's up.

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought to use Emerson as a first name-I love it!

Melissa said...

What precious names! I like them both-very modern, but not too unique.

Michelle said...

I find it so interesting how people come up with their children's names!

I spent the hours in labor looking through the baby name book for a boy's name "just in case" as I wasn't 100% sure on the name we had for a boy.