Monday, May 07, 2007

A Little Mommy Talk


A Little Mommy Talk Question for May 8th:
How much weight did you gain (w/ picture...are you brave enough:) )
and what did you like MOST about pregnancy?
What did you like the LEAST?


Emerson's Pregnancy: (July 2005-Feb 2006)




Excuse the stretch marks! They were there looooong before I got pregnant. This picture is the last belly shot I took - it was at 35 weeks (2 weeks before delivery).



How much weight did you gain (w/ picture...are you brave enough:)
22 pounds. However, I was significantly overweight to start with! lol



What did you like MOST about pregnancy?
I LOVED feeling her move. I have many videos of Emmy moving around in my belly. It used to freak Keith out something fierce! *Think Alien movies lol. I also LOVED feeling free to show my belly off. As a fat woman, I always tried to hide my fat - I embraced my belly while pregnant.



What did you like the LEAST?
At 22 weeks, I got PUPPPS, which you can actually see in the picture somewhat (red bumps above the stretch marks). It lasted until delivery at 37 weeks. It was seriously itchy and annoying.



Madison's Pregnancy: (November 2006 - March 2007)

How much weight did you gain? No pictures this time - sorry! lol Even though Maddie's pregnancy was only 1/2 as long as Emerson's, I gained the same if not more weight due to my blood pressure issues. One week I gained 11 lbs! ONE WEEK!



What did you like the MOST about pregnancy:
The positive pregnancy test. Seeing Maddie on the u/s at 12 weeks. Feeling the tip-taps and flutters of early movement. Strangely, I also love the fact that I gave birth to her vaginally. Even though she was stillborn, it was such a different birth experience from Emerson's C-Section. In a way, I found it more empowering that my body went through it - if that makes sense! (I'm not dissing C-sections, I actually had planned to have a second C-Section if Maddie had been a term birth).



What did you like least about pregnancy:
Leaving L&D ward after Maddie's birth without a baby. Nothing else comes close to that pain for me.

7 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Thanks for participating in Mommy Talk! My heart breaks over your Maddie...I can't imagine the situation you had to endure...leaving the hospital with out her...geez...God bless you and your family...*hugs*

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

God, my heart breaks for you and the loss of Maddie. It's strange, but after I read that, I thought back on all of my complaints at the end of my pregnancies and during the first few sleep deprived months and reading yours, I realized how lucky I was to have those. You talk about it with such strength too.
Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Sue said...

I am so sorry to hear about your little Angel Maddie. My heart breaks for you. I can't begin to imagine the pain you endured leaving the hospital. You do sound very strong. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I am glad you enjoyed your first pregnancy with Emerson.

Eden said...

Oh Jann, my heart breaks for you and your family over the loss of your sweet little Maddie. You and your family are in my prayers, I know how difficult it can be to lose a little angel.
Thanx for visiting my blog.

Hugs,
Eden

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm so sorry about Maddie. My heart breaks for you and your family. You sound so strong.
Your belly picture with Emerson is adorable. Thanks for sharing both experiences.

Michelle said...

I'm still catching up on the Mommy Talk posts! I love the pg belly pic you posted because you can see a little bump in the belly like a shoulder or knee or some body part LOL

I had tears reading about leaving the hospital w/out your baby...I'm so sorry.

Jann said...

Thanks everyone!

Michelle, the bump could have very well been a shoulder or even Em's head. She was breech constantly throughout the pregnancy (which is why I had a C-section).