Sunday, January 08, 2006

31 Weeks

Overview
Due Date: 03/12/2006
Week: 31+0 days
Month: 8
Trimester: 3
Fetus Age: 29 weeks

Ahh...I love the passing of the weeks! The site I go to has me in the 8th month already, but that's a bit incorrect. I am in my 8th month of pregnancy, but I am actually 7 & 3/4 months pregnant. Next week I can officially say I am 8 months pregnant.

Wow, now that's scary. It's coming so fast! Ack!

The first trimester seemed to go by slow, mainly due to stress about the pregnancy in general, I think. Plus, when you are having all-day nausea, it doesn't tend to make time go by any faster.

The second trimester FLEW by to me. And I loved the second trimester. That was when the nausea went away, my breasts were touchable again, and I began to feel pregnant. The first flutters, the little tickling from inside my belly, that turned into real kicks. There was something going on in my belly.

The third trimester has been good so far symptoms-wise. The usual complaints that every pregnant woman faces. More heartburn, back pain, tiredness, Braxton-Hicks contractions, and a growing belly that puts pressure on every other part of your body. However, with the bad, comes the good. The bigger belly is amazing me. When baby does a somersault in my belly, and my belly actually changes shape for a few moments, is an incredible sight and feeling. When baby kicks, my belly moves. So, overall, it's a good thing. I never thought I would be so happy to lose sight of my feet! LOL

I am enjoying pregnancy at this point. Sure, there are annoyances, but there are a lot of things that I am grateful for.

What I love about being pregnant:
1. I love feeling baby move. I think I will miss that so much once baby is born. To me, when I am laying on the couch, with my hand on my belly, and baby is kicking or just shifting position, I am so utterly happy. It's an absolutely indescribable feeling.

2. I love my big belly. Being a bigger girl to begin with, I always felt I had to "hide" my fat. Pregnant woman are supposed to show off their bellies! I love the self-confidence of not having to worry about whether a pair of pants shows off too much belly, etc.

3. I feel blessed that I am even pregnant, and that in 8 weeks and some change, I will be a Mom. That is so amazing to me. For so long, I was told it wouldn't be part of my future, and now here it is. How am I so worthy of this?

Some minor annoyances that I won't miss:
1. The not being able to bend over thing. When I just had a fat belly, it just squished together and you could bend over without a problem. Not quite the same with a preggo belly. It is just there, and is like concrete if you try to do something you could do pre-pregnancy.

2. The peeing more often, the raging hormones, the digestive issues, back pain, and the constant exhaustion. Definitely won't miss those.

3. The "Not-Knowing". I always figured I would just sail through pregnancy without any worries or stress. It's supposed to be a happy time. But from the moment I found out, to the worries that I would miscarry, whether I could handle being a Mother, or that something was wrong with baby, the worries never cease. It's probaby just a preparation for Motherhood. Even now, when the fear of miscarriage is abated slightly (since baby could survive outside of the womb), I worry. I worry when baby doesn't kick as much as it did yesterday. I worry that I will go into labor early and baby will have a struggle. Pregnancy is not an easy journey for sure.

My annoyances seem long, however, every single one of them will be worth it the moment my baby is in my arms.

No comments: