Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yeah! We went shopping!

I am not quite as panicked anymore! We have progress on the shopping list for bean!

We went to Walmart and bought a breast pump, nursing pads and a protector for the bed. Not too big of a shopping trip, but thats three things I don't have to worry about anymore!

Keith still wants to get the video monitor for Bean's room, even though its way more expensive. Boys and their toys!

He says the video monitor is the way to go because then we can spy on the kid when its a teen. LOL I hope he's joking.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

LOL I suspect that Bean will have either ideas by the time he/she is a teen! LOL

Glad that you got some things today...isn't it fun? :)

Did you get a protector for your bed or for the crib? I haven't bought either yet (well, I don't have a crib or any of its accessories yet other than the bedding set), but was thinking I probably should get something for my bed too...I assume it is waterproof..is it crinkly sounding? like you feel like you are a little kid again with the waterproof mattress pad or have they improved them somehow?

Jann said...

I have to say, yes I LOVE baby shopping! LOL Although, I am a bit frustrated not knowing what sex Bean is. I WANT TO KNOW!! LOL

The protector is for my bed. I haven't put it on yet, apparantly is made with Teflon (so don't be using metal on it hahaha) and promises to be waterproof. But it looks just like a cotton cover - rather than resembling a Hefty bag! :-) I don't think I could deal with the crinkly noise!

It does feel kind of weird to be putting a waterproof mattress cover on! It is the one thing my friend suggested that I HAD to buy. If your water happens to break while sleeping, it will ruin the mattress. She also says its a lifesaver for after the baby comes, as your boobs tend to be a bit unpredictable when it comes to leaking!(Oh what we get to look forward to! haha)