Sunday, January 15, 2006

32 Weeks - Officially 8 Months Pregnant!

Overview:
Due Date: 03/12/2006
Week: 32+0 days
Month: 8
Trimester:3
Fetus Age: 30 weeks

Wow! I can't believe how the weeks are passing me by here! 32 weeks pregnant! Yikes!

This may help to show why I am a bit ansy about how fast time is flying...

There are 56 days left until my Due Date.
If I go overdue, the hospital will induce me no later than 10 days after my EDD, which means 66 days.
36 days until I am considered full-term. There's the number that scares me a bit!

Basically, sometime in the next two months, my baby is going to be born! Yikes!

I still haven't figured out when I am going to start my maternity leave. I get a year (I LOVE Canada!) on E.I. at 55% of my gross wage. I can start it at anytime, however, I do want to work for as long as I can, as the money is needed!

I will see what the specialist has to say about Bean on Tuesday. That will help me decide. If he thinks that they will deliver bean earlier than anticipated, then obviously, I will be off a bit earlier. My boss, who was freaking out a bit, is now being really good about the "not knowing". I did promise him a month's notice before I went off, but now he says 2 weeks should be plenty.

I would like to work until the beginning of March (leaving around March 3 - depending on how Month End goes). That would give me a week off before Bean's due date (providing he/she is not early) to get everything done.

I still have quite the list of what I need for Bean's arrival. I don't think I am getting a shower, so that has me a bit panicked.
My shopping list:
1. Crib and Mattress (Keith did say he was going to take care of this - we'll see! LOL)
2. Mattress protector for my bed
3. Mattress protector for crib
4. Breast pump
5. Bedding for crib
6. First Aid kit with themometer etc.
7. Changing table accessories - Desitin, wipes, diapers in various sizes, Vaseline.
8. Bathing accessories - soap, shampoo
9. A few more clothes. I am lacking newborn size clothes, although I know they grow out of them quick, if baby is small, then I will need a few more.
10. A lamp for baby's room so I don't have to turn on the overhead light when changing.
11. Baby monitor

Arghhh! I need to win the lottery! LOL

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I am so sad for you that you are not going to have a shower. Do you not have any family nearby? I was worried that I wouldn't have a shower either because I don't know anyone here other than a couple extended family members, but my aunt is throwing me a shower with those family members so I am looking forward to it. Also, I just found out on Friday that I will also be having one at work. Does your work not usually give showers?

In any case, many of the things on your list, I just assumed people wouldn't get me anyway ebcause they were so expensive (like cribs, and mattresses, etc) and I picked up myself...I tended to get the majority of the essentials and just assume that baby shower gifts are mostly going to be clothes and blankets...

Jann said...

I should have clarified my posting a bit! LOL

I would never expect anyone to buy those things for me (as they are the more expensive items), but we have now bought the smaller items and that's what's remaining.

My family is all out of town - so no shower from them. Keith's family gave us some money (which is always handy!). Work will probably do a small collection (which will be nice as well). Other than that, I have a very small group of friends - and none of them really know each other! LOL

The only person who I would imagine would even do a shower for me is due 3 weeks behind me! LOL And, I am not sure who she would invite! haha

So, its probably safe to say I won't have one. Which is fine - I suck at baby shower games anyhow! LOL It is fun to get together with everyone - and that's the part that kind of saddens me if I don't have one.