Have I mentioned that I am a teeny bit on the klutzy side?
I am so klutzy that Keith, when we are out walking together, will actually say to me, "Eyes down" to remind me to watch where I am going.
I have had two major falls since being with him. The first one, we were walking back to our apartment that we used to share, and I was carrying Wendy's fast food. We were talking away and then BAM, down I went. There was a tiny little divit in the concrete that my foot managed to find and I ended up strewn all over the pavement amongst the fries and pop that we had just bought.
The second one was a bit more nasty. I had woken up, and I was still groggy. I came out to the living room in our apartment and I was perplexed as to where Keith was. I turned around quickly and said his name trying to figure out where he was. When I did that, I lost my balance, and fell into the coffee table, breaking both the coffee table and my right arm.
Since those two incidences, Keith has been more aware of my inherent lack of balance. I haven't had any other big falls, but definitely a few bruises and scrapes along the way.
I think Keith cursed me however. He said to me just the other day, "I am so proud of you, you haven't fallen once while being pregnant."
Until this morning.
I went to leave to go to work. As I was walking towards my Jeep, everything was fine. Next thing I knew, I was on my hands and knees with my purse and keys airborne.
I try to figure out how to get up, as I am hurting. I am desperately trying not to cry (I am a big baby, and it hurt). I manage to get up and hobble back into the house, as I knew I needed to sit down before I could drive.
As I open the door, I said, "Oww". I have never seen Keith move so fast! As soon as he saw me limping, he knew what had happened. I started to cry (again, because I am a big baby), and we survey the damage I have inflicted on myself.
Not too bad, nothing broken anyhow. My right knee is skinned pretty nastily, and the bruises were already coming up on my right shin. More war wounds. LOL
I calm down, and I get my butt to work. Once at work, I realize I have hurt my left wrist as well. I don't think I broke anything (no swelling), but it sure hurt like a bugger all day! (Hmm, could it be from the sheer mass of me being thrown upon it? LOL) I was going to go to the doctor, but I decided since Bean was moving quite well (probably pissed off at me for waking him/her up so suddenly), that I didn't really need to.
So, if I waddled before, it is worse now! LOL I feel like I was in a car accident! (And I have had a few of those too! LOL).
Ahh, the joys of having no sense of balance!
1 comment:
ouch! So glad that you are OK!
Post a Comment