16 weeks was a wonderful time!
I heard the heartbeat. The most beautiful sound I have ever heard. To me it sounded like a whooshing/thumping noise. But it proved that the baby inside me was indeed alive. I wanted to steal the Doppler and take it home with me.
I no longer refer to baby as "alien". He or she is my baby bean. I don't know why I refered to baby as alien in the first place, it seems so mean. Maybe I was scared to bond with it because of the chances of miscarriage. But I have bonded. Baby bean and I are in this together. (Of course my partner is involved too, but he doesn't have something growing in his belly! LOL)
In retrospect, I will say that I first felt movement at 16 weeks as well. Most people will say, "No, that's too early". But as I was sitting on the back steps at my work one day, I was hunched over in a bad position, and I felt a thunk come from within. It was just that one time, but it was noticeable!
No comments:
Post a Comment