I am so happy this week is done. I was off work at noon today, and I don't have to return until next Wednesday thanks to the holidays.
Thank goodness.
I have been so bloody, irrationally, should-be-placed-in-a-rubber-room, hormonal this week. This is my worst PMS multiplied by a million. That's a scary thought, because I used to get wicked PMS back in the days of periods. Work stress was getting to me. I would get to work, and within 1/2 an hour of being there, I just wanted to cry. Sometimes, I did, but usually I made it through the day and cried when I got home.
I hate not being able to control my emotions. It's like not being able to trust your own gut instinct. I can't tell you whether I will be laughing or crying in 10 minutes. It's a happy time of year, a time to rejoice and to reflect on the wonderful things that have occurred and plan for the future. And all I can think about is how alone and miserable I feel. How scroogish of me.
I'm not alone. I have Keith, and my close circle of friends (if they will still talk to me after this week.) I have baby Bean that thumps my belly when I am trying to sleep. But you can put every one of my friends in the room and I would still feel alone.
I am just so freaking sensitive! All I want is a big hug and someone to reassure me that feeling this way won't last forever.
Hopefully, with some well-deserved sleep and relaxation over the next few days, I will be able to calm the hormones down a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment