Sunday, December 04, 2005

Big Ultrasound! 22 weeks 3 days


Well, it finally arrived. The big ultrasound to make sure Baby Bean is doing good. Keith says that Baby Bean has the same snout as our dog does. (Yes, I smack him for that comment).

Bean was most uncooperative for the ultrasound. Was curled up, butt up against my very achingly full bladder with its feet by its head.

All measurements are good, but I have to have another ultrasound on Dec 15, 2005 to do one last measurement that Bean's position prevented. No sign of cleft palate, spina bifida or any problems. I am hoping to get another profile shot at my next ultrasound, and maybe, if Bean is cooperating, find out the sex!

My vent of the day is whoever came up with the idea that a pregnant woman needs to drink 32 ounces of water an hour and a half before the ultrasound and NOT PEE. This is hard enough to do with a regular bladder, let alone a bladder that's being kicked by legs and arms. When I left work, I didn't think I could make it. I lifted my leg to climb into my Jeep and thought, "OMG I am going to pee myself right here." It HURT.

My second vent is the fact that that my bladder was too full and the technician, as nice as she was to let me pee at all, gave me this tiny coffee cup to fill and then STOP. Although peeing at that point was almost orgasmic, trying to stop mid-flow was almost impossible.

All those who haven't had the pleasure of trying to accomplish this feat, try it. It's hard. Wait till you have to pee REALLY badly, then halfway through, force yourself to stop. Then, go climb up on a table and let someone poke your bladder hard a few times. You'll get the picture.

Overall, the ultrasound was amazing. I LOVED seeing Bean on the "big screen". Keith was so cute at the ultrasound, and was very supportive in the waiting room when I was whining that I was going to pee myself. He always thinks its slightly freaky that I can be calm when I have something growing inside me, but he's cute that way. LOL

One side note: He did ask me later on that evening how I managed to stop peeing halfway through. Apparantly, he tried to do it and couldn't. I said, "You squeeze every muscle you have, and a few you don't, and pray it stops." He just laughed and said, "Good thing I don't have to do it."

No comments: