I swear, baby Bean is sucking the happy genes out of my body. I hope this is the case, because, if he/she isn't, I am turning into a miserable bitch, or I am carrying the crankiest baby known to mankind.
It's not human to be this cranky! What the hell is wrong with me?
We went to Keith's Mom's to celebrate Christmas tonight. As soon as we got there, I wanted to leave. Why? I love these people. I think I just needed to be locked in a room by myself to be alone with my crankiness.
Stupid stuff kept pissing me off. It pissed me off that Keith's Mom, being 80, would not sit down and eat her meal, but instead would be the quintessential host. We should be serving her, not the other way around. There was no one in the room under the age of 20, so we are all perfectly capable.
I can't eat turkey, because I am allergic to it. And yes, it is an actual allergy, not because I simply don't like it. I love turkey. I miss turkey. The last time I accidentally injested some, I ended up in the ER for the day and missed an additional day of work.
I always feel bad because Keith's family always makes a fuss and makes sure there is some other meat product for me to eat. It makes me feel guilty that I have put them through additional work. It's not necessary. There is always too much to eat at a Christmas dinner.
Tonight, she had some leftover pork roast for me. I got Keith to microwave it for me, because it was taken from the fridge, and there was no room in the oven to reheat it. I would have microwaved it myself, however, I was seated in the back end of the table. Where I was stuck until the people on the end moved, so my belly could get by. Keith, unfortunately, microwaves it too long and it gets so tough that I can't get my knife through it at all. I quietly slide it over to Keith, who like Mikey from those Life commericals in the 70's and 80's, will eat anything.
I take a bunch of mashed potatoes which were nummy, and some brussell spouts. I am good. I am not really fussy, even with my food aversions. But I am asked a billion times if I want this or that. It's all right in front of me, if I wanted more, I would take more. But I learned a valuable lesson on Friday night. Do NOT, and I repeat NOT, overfill a pregnant belly. It just doesn't have good consequences! So, I eat very moderately to avoid another puking incident.
Dessert is served, and its usually so nummy. Blueberry pie. Oh YUM! I love Keith's Mom's pies. She has put some sort of drippy cream on it. I ask Keith quietly what it is, since it doesn't look like whipped cream (which I tolerate, but don't love). He shakes his head that he doesn't know, and I take a bite. It's evaporated milk. The stuff my parents used to use in their coffee. That one bite did it for me. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or bitchy, but why evaporated milk? I have NEVER heard of evaporated milk on pie as a treat!
She said later on that her Dream Whip had expired. Dream whip expires? How long has she had it? She then offered someone ice cream. Hmm, if you have a choice on what to put on pie, and it was between evaporated milk and ice cream, which would you choose?
Okay, my rant over the evaporated milk is over. It was a good meal overall, and I know I am just irrationally cranky over nothing. My hips certainly didn't need pie, so its a blessing overall (and considering I am about to be weighed on Wednesday at my doctors! LOL).
Keith's brother and sister-in-law sent us some receiving blankets, bibs and washclothes. They are so cute. We had a deal for no presents this year, but someone always breaks the rules! LOL
I have to say that I am happy I didn't eat very much. Keith, in all the years that I have known him, has never puked. He has been puking for the past hour and a half. When I went upstairs to check on him, he was all cold and clammy. Poor guy. :-( I hope its just a case that he ate too much. I've been there, it's not fun.
As for the gifts that Keith and I exchanged, neither of us paid attention to our own rule of nothing extravengent because of the impending birth. Keith bought me a beautiful 19" flat screen LCD monitor. It is soooo sweet! I bought him a breadmaker (he has wanted one for awhile, although I think he just wants someone to make bread for him! LOL), a personal DVD player (to keep him amused while I am in labor! LOL) and a Hotwash windshield washer heater for his truck. It's supposed to clear ice away in seconds so you don't have to scrape. We will see how that works!
No comments:
Post a Comment