Sunday, December 04, 2005

The "So-Called" Honeymoon Trimester

At 14 weeks, I did have a reduction of my morning sickness. I will admit to that. I was feeling better and could stomach food again. However, the scent of the pickled egg container being opened in the fridge could turn my stomach faster than the thought of eating liver and onions.

My partner loves pickled eggs. He's sick, I know. In fact, I would say 50% of his diet is comprised of vinegar. No wonder he looks younger than his 41 years. His insides are pickled! But, I digress.

Anyhow, so my morning sickness is better, however, I am still waiting for the return of having some semblence of energy. Sure, they say that fatigue is a common complaint among pregnant women. They don't say that you will be so tired that putting on socks requires a nap!

So, I am exhausted all the time, hormones are setting in and making me irritable. Little things set me off. I have to pee more often, but that could solely be blamed on the water I am drinking now, compared to pre-pregnancy. And I am headachy.

I miss Tylonel 3's
I miss Advil
I miss sleeping for 8 hours without having to go pee.
I miss sanity.

I think once baby comes, I just want to be able to take Advil again. I had my concoction, pre-pregnancy, that usually worked if I took it in time for my migraines. Two tylonel-3 and an advil (for really bad ones, if it was just starting I would take 1 Tylonel 3) was the magic cure. I have only had 1 real migraine since becoming pregnant, but it definitely wore me out. Regular Tylonel did nothing for it. So, I laid in bed, just crying and praying for sleep. Ahh, I am pathetic. Can't handle a migraine, how am I going to handle labor?????

No comments: