14 weeks done, 26 left to go!
I made it through the first trimester!!! The evil trimester of worry (oh, what am I saying, I won't ever quit worrying) and sickness.
The wonderous passing of trimesters means that my chance of miscarriage goes down greatly.
My 12 week appointment at the Doctor's was the best so far. Before this, it was pee in a cup, get my blood pressure taken and say goodbye. The 12 week appointment is when they actually consider you pregnant (at least my Doctor's office). I got a whole bunch of magazines, a free diaper sample (ooooh, so tiny) and a Healthy Pregnancy book. I still had to pee in a cup and get my blood pressure taken, but free stuff makes me happy.
I was weighed (always a bad thing since I am fat and avoid scales) but was surprised by the number. I hadn't been weighed in over a year, so I couldn't tell how much I had gained in the first trimester, but it wasn't excessive (even though I was feeling very fat).
I was hoping to hear the heartbeat and the Doppler was sitting on the counter, but the Doctor made no move to go to it before the end of the appointment. Meanie.
There is some discrepancy over when the trimesters end. My Doctors office puts it at 12 weeks for the end of the first trimester. But when you consider a pregnancy is 40 weeks in total, that would leave extra weeks in the third trimester. So I chose to proclaim the end of my first trimester to be at 13.3333 weeks. 40 divided by 3. It seems logical to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment