So, at the Doctors at 8 weeks 5 days and 4 hours (just kidding about the hours, I have no idea) along, and I mention my lack of morning sickness to the receptionist. Because I am a worrier, I figured not throwing up meant that I didn't have a healthy pregnancy.
Receptionist: None at all?
Me: Nope. Not a hint of nausea.
Receptionist: Well, it can still start.
Well, she was right. At 9 weeks 1 day, I experienced my very first bout of morning sickness. In between puking up my prenatal vitamin, and the grape juice I had just ingested, I actually had a sense of relief. Wooohooo, I feel pregnant! Look at me go!
My sense of excitement over getting sick didn't last long. In fact, as I spent the first day of my holidays in the bathroom on my hands and knees, my excitement slowly vanished. I was lucky that I didn't have to be at work, but sure didn't feel like going to the lake to take the boat out with my partner. I was seasick already. Boating would have to wait for another day.
Other than the morning sickness, my mood swings were a little out of control. Ahh, finally something to blame it on. I have an alien growing in my belly, I am not just crazy! That's a relief!
No comments:
Post a Comment